Saturday, May 21, 2016

THE JOY OF SPRING

Pineapple Sage

Nothing makes me happier than my herb garden.  This pineapple sage is so pleasant and aromatic.  The flowers are beautiful to look at and I love a sprig of this in my tea.  The bees are attracted to this plant and the butterflies too!

The days are beginning to turn hotter here in Texas and that means I will now have to water my plants of veggies and herbs due to the extreme droughts that we get.  But watering plants in the cool morning is a very zen way to begin my days.

Curly Parsley

Parsley is so full of vitamins and minerals.  People think of parsley as just a garnish to make a plate pop.  But I think of parsley as a little energy bonus when diced and added to salads, fish and vegetables.  Its so easy to grow here, and it loves the shade and water.  I just stick it under a tree and forget about it for the most part.  Then every time I need some, its so HUGE.

Eggplant

This is the first eggplant I've ever grown.  I didn't intend to grow eggplant.  The little tab in the pot said that it was cucumber.  I thought it was prettier than all the other cucumbers, so I bought it.  Well, I sure was surprised when the stem grew up purple and then this little gem grew out of it.  Buddy, you are gonna be so yummy on the grill!  A little garlic! Heaven.

Growing your own food is such a satisfying feeling, but growing your own medicine is my ultimate goal.  I grow, harvest, dry and produce tons of medicine from my herbs.  I have had several people in the last week come by my home asking for tinctures, decoctions and recipes for sunburn, poison ivy, carpal tunnel syndrome and arthritis.  It's so easy, and cheap!  But at the same time, very, very effective.  



Don't hesitate to buy yourself a little pot of chamomile, basil or lavender.  You'd be surprised what all you can do with your little plant.  And if you ever need any help...I'm right here.
much healing to you,

1 comment: