Tuesday, September 15, 2015

How Do I Use My Oils?

Tuesday Training Blog
Hi essential oil lovers!  Today we are going to talk about how to use all of those lovely oils once you have them.  There are as many different variations on each of the ways to use oils as there are oils.  I am going to give you the basic recipes how I like to use them.  You will find in your own research that you may like to use more essential oil, or carrier oil, or beeswax, or cornstarch or any of the ingredients.  You may find that you like less.  That is one of the great things about using essential oils.  You get to have so much fun discovering how exactly you and each of your friends and family members like to use your products.  I am going to give you a run down and some of the most basic ways I like to use the oils in various recipes.  You may tweak them however you like!

Essential Oil Bath
I like to add about 15 - 20 drops of essential oils to my bathwater.  I usually take a shower for cleanliness reasons, so a bath is usually when I really need to de-stress or calm down.  I choose oils specifically for that purpose, such as lavender or clary sage. I also usually add a tablespoon of milk to my bathwater so that the oils will not cling to the top of the water, but the milk will actually make the oils disperse throughout the water.  I love hot baths and showers, but when using essential oils, I try to make the water somewhat cooler so that the extreme hot temperatures won't damage the oils.  Then I just sink myself into the bath, making sure I have a glass of wine and and candle, and let the water and oils do their magic.  I think I will take one right now.  BRB.
A tiny bit of a lavender sample left after having taken my bath.  Heaven!

Compress

I like to use compresses for stomach aches, bruises and hurt bones and muscles.  Take any type of linen cloth.  Wet the cloth and wring it out well.  Apply 5-10 drops of essential oils mixed with 1/2 teaspoon of carrier oil to the cloth.  Place on affected area and leave for 15-30 minutes, or until cloth temperature is uncomfortable.  This is great to use on a hurt back, too.  I have used a compress for neck strains, tendonitis, eczema, and so many other ailments.  I just research which essential oil is best for that ailment and make a compress out of it.  I think you will find this little tip very handy in the future.

Massage
It is very easy to make your own massage oil.  Do you want the massage to end pain? Comfort you? Relax you? Give you energy? Lead to hanky lanky?  Well, then just look up the oil that is best for that ailment.  Using a 2 ounce squeeze bottle, fill it about 1/2 full of carrier oil.  Then simply add 10-20 drops of essential oil to the bottle, shake well and apply to hands.  Massage away!  The skin is a great absorber of essential oils.  Each cell in the body will have evidence of essential oils in them after only a few minutes of applying to the skin.  This is probably the most widely used way that people use essential oils.


These are just 3 of the easiest ways to use essential oils.  Read last Tuesdays blog for tips on carrier oils, and next Tuesday will be more ways to use essential oils.  Don't forget to like our facebook page and our website.  Our essential oil boxes did very well this month and we can't wait to get them mailed out to you.  I am personally excited for the feed back because I am sure you are going to love our Earth's Healing Boxes.
Much healing to you,
The Earth's healing staff

www.earthshealingboxes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment