Saturday, June 16, 2012

We have CHICKENS!

We have been working here at the farm to build a chicken coop for about 6 months.  We finally got it done.  I went to my neighbors house and tried to buy some chicks, but he gave me four little banties.  Great Guy!  I love him forever for my little babies.  The chicks did get out and we had to reinforce the pen, but now they are happy and have their little routines.


I have been working on a few things out of the Herb Garden this weekend.  First, after going on our family reunion, 1/2 of the family has come down with bad cases of Poison Ivy.  I have put lots of chopped up Sage into jars and covered with Apple Cider Vinegar.  This, I will shake daily and after 2 weeks I will give each family a jar of this to use in the future for their itch and pain relief. 

                                                                             Sage
The other thing I am working on is an Echinacea Tincture.  I love tinctures and use them for everything.  The other night I ran into a screen door (my body was running into the house, but the door tried to stop me!) I split my eyebrow open, blood, bruising, swelling and pain.  I almost knocked myself unconcious.  I put some tincture on my eye that night and the next morning I went to work and no one even noticed that I had almost killed myself the night before! There was only one tiny little spot where the brow had split open...the bruising, swelling and pain were completely gone.  I just can't get enough of tinctures.  So I am harvestng my Echinacea for allergy season coming up in a couple of months.  Love the tinctures.

                                                                         Echinacea
I hope you're all having a good time with your herbs, but right now it's
Thyme to chicken,
vannoy

No comments:

Post a Comment