Sunday, June 17, 2012

Bex's legs

I just have to say how much I LOVE that homemade laundry detergent.  It is easy to make and smells so good.  I have made some with Orange essential oil, Lavendar essential oil, Rose essential oil and Pine essential oil (for Vance).  The possiblities are limitless.  I also noticed that I haven't had to bleach my wash cloths (all white) since I began using this stuff!  Now that is a true test of its strength.  Yet, it is made with very few chemicals and mostly natural ingrediants.  I just love it.  I am on my last gallon now, so next weekend I will be making 4 more gallons (and giving 1/2 of them away).  If you haven't tried making any yet, you really should.

Sundays are sad when it hits that 4pm mark.  Time to start getting ready for the next day.  And that is so hard to do since I can't bring myself to come into the house when it starts getting cool outside.  The herbs are all flowering and it's just a joy to walk around outside.  The boys were over so we had a great game of baseball tonight.  I think Levi cheats...I'm just saying!

I made such a good veggie meal tonight.  I bought some of those Steam In bags.  They are great.  All weekend when I made salads or anything using veggies, I would just get my steam in bag out of the fridge and add a handful of onion, bell peppers, squash, whatever I had to the bag and put it back in the fridge.  Then tonight when I was ready to fry up some green tomatoes for Vance, I just threw the steam in bag in the microwave for 5 minutes, went outside and picked some Thyme and Lemon Balm and chopped them up and added to the steamed veggies...pure heaven.  I think those bags are the best things since microwave ovens.

My grandson came over last night, and apparently he got into a fire ant mound.  He had these huge bites on his legs that look infected.  You know how some kids just react so badly to ant bites? He is one of those.  So I put some salve on his bites that I had made last month, and it looks SO much better today.  He kept showing me, so I guess it feels better too.  Poor little thing.
Thyme to get ready for Monday,
vannoy

No comments:

Post a Comment