Sunday, May 27, 2012

Thyme to Tincture

Hey!  I have been having the best time.  I made up a bunch of tinctures a month or two ago, and was in the mood this weekend to decant them and put them in those cute little tincture bottles with medicince droppers.  I had the cutest labels made for the bottles.  The ingrediants are what has me really excited.  I am making a medicine cabinet for my family that is going to have tinctures for EVERYTHING in it.  So much better than store bought meds, and works so well and is so good for you.
My first tincture was simply Red Clover.  My husband loves red clover tea, he loves the taste of red clover and also the benefits.  It grows wild around here so me and the grandsons spent a few mornings gathering the flowers when I decided to make him some tinctures.  It turned out the prettiest blush color.  He was very happy about this gift.

My next tincture was called "nannie's brew".  It has Lemon Balm, Bee Balm and Thyme.  They all help reduce stress and promote relaxation....which I NEED.  I grow the Balms as they do what their name implies....... they are a balm to my soul.  The tincture looked like gold. It was so clear and beautiful, like champagne.  I think I'll have 1/2 a dropper full tonight in my tea.
                                                                  My Bee Balm
My next tincture is called "crazy stuff".  It is for crazy, insane, hectic, anxiety ridden days.  It has St. John's wort, Chamomile, and Valerian.  Now who could be anxious after taking a dropper of crazy stuff like that???  That is definitely a tincture to take at bedtime.
                                      My Lemon Balm and Bee Balm on the drying rack
So now that I have some of my tinctures decanted, it's time to make some more.  I am going to make some for the fall, like for colds, flue, hayfever, sore throats, ear aches, etc.  I will be ready when the family starts asking for medicine.  I will also throw a few in for viruses, stomach aches, arthritis and cramps.  I can't wait to go out to the garden tomorrow to see whats ready for me.  I saw that the Echinachea is beginning to flower as is the chamomile.  The yellow roses are abunant along with the Thyme.  I can't wait to throw a few things together and get 'em going. 

So it's Thyme to go now,
Remember to remember this Memorial Day,
vannoy

No comments:

Post a Comment