Sunday, May 10, 2015

BALLS OF ENERGY

ENERGY BALLS
I love making these quick little treats.  They are packed full of healing and healthy tidbits and no baking required!

Easy Recipe
The main part of this recipe requires only 3 ingredients:
2 - cups quick oats
1 - cup peanut butter
1/2 - cup honey or agave nectar

You can then add whatever little deliciousness resides in your fridge; dried fruit, nuts, seeds,  chocolate chips, etc.  I have made them differently every time….and loved them every time!  Just blend with a mixer, or a fork.

For these particular balls, I added a lot of extra powerful ingredients that I had.  All in all I must have put in an extra cup of good stuff, because I then had to add quite a bit more honey to get them to stick together.

Extras
A few of the limitless extras I added today were: coconut, dried cranberries, dates, almonds, pecans, chia seeds, flaxseed, flax meal, sunflower seeds, and finished it off with a pinch of salt.  I have one of those big mixers, so I didn't have to stir it all by hand, but I usually do stir by hand.

Making Those Balls
Then I just roll the balls into little balls, or big balls.  Depending what I am in the mood for.  If I roll them tiny, then I can have 3 or 4 a day instead of 1 or 2.  Everybody loves these, and they are so easy.  The best part besides the taste is that they can be frozen on a cookie sheet and then put into little snack baggies in the freezer.  They will keep for a week in the fridge, if you don't want to freeze them. Any time I know I am going to be away from home for more than a few hours, I grab a frozen bag and stick it in my purse. Viola! an easy healthy treat that tastes scrumptious and is surprisingly filling.  And I won't have that urge to stop and grab a taco!

They Won't Suspect
Kids love these, and have no idea how healthy they are.  The honey makes them so sweet and tasty.  The flaxseed and chia seeds have such beneficial results for the digestive system.  I hope you get a chance to make these and add your own little twist to them.  Energy balls for everyone!
Thyme to get mine out of the freezer for an experimental tasting.
vannoy

No comments:

Post a Comment